The Renfrew County and District Health Unit says there are now five more positive laboratory-confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout Renfrew County and District (RCD).
That brings the total of confirmed cases in RCD to seven. The health unit described the cases as:
1. Woman in her 60s, tested in Ottawa at Brewer Arena Assessment Centre on March 16, 2020. She remains at home on isolation and is being monitored. Case associated with travel.
2. Woman in her 50s, tested in Perth on the March 29, 2020. She remains at home on isolation and is being monitored. No travel associated with onset of symptoms.
3. Male in his 20s, developed mild symptoms on March 22, 2020. He was tested at home by paramedics of the County of Renfrew community paramedic program on March 28, 2020. He currently remains at home on isolation and is being monitored. No travel associated with onset of symptoms.
4. Woman in her 30s, developed mild symptoms and was tested on March 19, 2020, at home by the paramedics of the County of Renfrew community paramedic program. She currently remains at home on isolation and is being monitored. Case associated with travel.
5. Woman in her 30s, developed symptoms and was admitted to Pembroke Regional Hospital. She was tested on March 27, 2020. She has been discharged from hospital and remains on home isolation. Case associated with travel and a close contact of confirmed case.
“All necessary precautions are being followed to ensure the safety of the patients, the public, and the health care workers,” the health unit said.
RCDHU is conducting case and contact management with appropriate individuals and organizations. All affected parties will receive specific instructions on self-isolation and self-monitoring based on exposure.
Dr. Robert Cushman, acting medical officer of health, said “We are seeing more cases in the community and we continue work with our health system partners to ensure the safety of the public.”
“I cannot stress enough that it is everyone’s responsibility to practice physical distancing.”
The health unit says that if you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and then use Ontario’s Self-Assessment Tool to see if you need to seek further care.
For further assistance, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-000, or Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre at 1-844-727-6406 or your health care provider. You can also call RCDHU at 613-735-8654.