Crime scene: Deep River Police crime report for April 2021
Anyone with information regarding these crimes or any other crime is asked to call the Deep River Police Service at 613-584-3500 or the Renfrew County Crimes Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
• During the month of April, the Deep River Police Service responded to nine 911 calls, four motor vehicle collisions and three alarm calls. There were 69 calls for service and 262 officer generated occurrences.
• April 7, Deep River Police along with the Deep River Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at a residential home. The fire was extinguished by the fire department and Deep River Police learned that no fire permit was issued by the town. As a result, the homeowner was charged with having a fire without a permit.
• April 10, Deep River Police were conducting general patrols when they observed a male driving a vehicle as part of his employment. The driver was not complying with an order to wear a mask when transporting a fare. The driver was subsequently charged $880 under the Reopening Ontario Act.
• On April 21, Deep River police investigated a report of assault and harassment; as a result an arrest warrant was obtained and a male was arrested. The male was held for a bail hearing and remanded into custody with a future court date.
• April 25, Deep River Police were conducting traffic enforcement on Highway 17 and observed a vehicle travelling at excessive speeds. Police confirmed the vehicle was speeding at 117 km/hr in a posted 60 km/hr zone. Police stopped the vehicle and charged the driver for driving 50 km/hr over the posted speed limit, seized the drivers licence and issued a seven-day licence suspension.
- For more local coverage, pick up a copy of this week’s NRT. To get the NRT delivered directly to your mail box or inbox each week, subscribe here.