Crime scene: Deep River Police crime report for June 2019
Anyone with information regarding these crimes or any other crime is asked to call the Deep River Police Service at 613-584-3500 or the Renfrew County Crimes Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
• June 5, Sgt Lehoux and Cst Brela responded to a family dispute. After the investigation, advice was given to obtain legal representation regarding their separation.
• June 7, Cst Medeiros was dispatched to a 911 call. The intoxicated person was educated on the proper use of 911.
• June 8, Cst Brela was dispatched to a barking dog complaint. The resident of the home was spoken to and cautioned for the noise under Deep River bylaws.
• June 9, Cst Brela was dispatched to report of a moose laying on a trail. It was determined the moose was sick and was dispatched.
• June 12, Cst Newell investigated a report of theft of an adult bicycle. The investigation is still on-going as there are no witnesses or evidence.
• June 15, Cst Ray arrested a male for uttering threats (five counts) and cruelty to animals after a month-long investigation.
• June 17, Cst Newell responded to a complaint of motor cross bike racing up and down a street. A male was spoken to.
• June 19, Cst Brela received a call regarding unwanted and harassing phone calls. A production order for phone records is being obtained to determine who is making the calls.
• June 19, Sgt Lehoux, Cst Brela and Ray responded to a motor vehicle accident. As a result of the accident one pedestrian was fatally injured.
• June 24, Cst Ray was dispatched to a call regarding the distribution of intimate images of a person knowing consent was not given. The investigation is still under investigation.
> Published in the NRT July 24, 2019